Brilliant Storage Solutions – The Ultimate Clutter Problem-Solvers
Do you have heaps and heaps of clutters at home? Do you think you need additional storage solutions to help you with? Well, you have come in the perfect place. By using the creative de-cluttering ideas below, your messy abode will become organized and neat looking in no time. But before you take a glimpse of the various storage options that you can use, there are important things that you ought to know.
First, before stuffing your home with lots of furniture pieces, you want to ensure that they will really provide the service according to your needs. For example, if you have tons of books, DVD’s, chinaware, toys, and lines, you have to invest in furniture sets that will go harmoniously with one another. While the sets being 100% similar is not really necessary, having pieces that are at least alike in style and have colors that blend in perfectly is strongly recommended.
Second, being extra convenient, space saver and multi-purpose is extremely beneficial. To simply put, it is preferable that you purchase items that can serve more than one purpose at home. For instance, instead of purchasing a sofa that only provides space for seating, consider getting a sofa bed. That way, you’ll have the furniture that will not only provide seating space, but will also act as an emergency bed in case a guest needs to sleep over.
Storage Solutions You Must Try
For those running out of storage ideas for their beloved home, here are some creative ideas that will definitely do the trick of re-organizing your prized possessions:
- A CD rack for plastic ware storage – Do you have plenty of plastic ware at home? How about plastic lids? If you answered yes, you might be in the lookout for the best place to get them out of sight. Well now, you don’t need to get frustrated with so many plastics you have around. By using an old metal CD rack, you can now arrange the lids beautifully without having to dig hardly just to find the specific piece that you need. For more convenience and better results, place the bigger lids at the back and the smaller ones in front.
- A wine rack for office supplies – Who says wine racks are just for stacking wines? As a matter of fact, by simply putting in several clear plastic cups at each tier, you can stack as many pens, pencils, markers, craft materials, or even tools as you want. If budget is an issue, don’t fret because wine racks are sold for as low as $12. So as you can see, you don’t really have to spend much just to unify things up.
- A paper towel holder for ribbons or threads – Rolls of ribbons and the likes can be rather frustrating to keep neatly arranged in one place. What’s worse is that they can get tied up together at times so having something that will keep them coiled up nicely is crucial. And this when the paper towel holder comes in. Simply stack them up one over the other and you’re done.
- A fabric holder for plastic lids – Don’t have old CD racks mention in idea number 1? Well, here’s another easy alternative – a DIY fabric holder that you can quickly made on your own. First, you need scrap fabrics for your lid holder. While any kind of material will do, it is better that you use the quick-dry and breathable type so as to make the holder last longer and keep moisture away from your plastic ware. Sew the edges of several pieces of rectangle-shaped fabrics together to form layered pockets and your lid holder is finished.
- A soap holder for small valuables – Soap holders are usually priced at only $1 or so; therefore, they make perfect toy storage solutions for anyone, especially for families that travel a lot. Some of the toys that can fit in them include toy cards, crayons, pencils, small blocks and many more.
- Plastic cradles for plates – Stacking heavy plates one over the other can be quite tiring sometimes; especially if the cupboard is overcrowded or too high. Luckily, there are now cradles for dinner plates that you can use to space out the drawer or cabinet a bit. They also come in handy if you prefer to dry your plates right next to the sink before placing them in the organizer.
- A hanger for your accessories – Fashion accessories such as scarves and hats are some of the items that are quite hard to organize in the closet, most especially for owners that have more than one of them. However, there are always solutions that you can try to make them nicely arranged at a given area in your room. One of such solutions includes a sturdy hanger, which you can modify to act as an improvised scarf or hat hanger. Simply snap a few pieces of curtains rings at the bottom of a hanger, slip in the caps or scarves on the rings, and that’s it.
- Recycled bottles for food items – Some plastic bottles, such as creamer bottles, can be used for other purposes after the original contents have been used. And in case you do not know, they make perfect food containers! If you store a lot of food items at home such as cereals, nuts, chocolate chips, sugar, and the likes, you now have the perfect storage container for them. Alternatively, you may also use them as water bottles.
- Improvised drawer dividers – You may not know it, but there are items existing in your home that might be good not just for the original purpose that they serve, but also for something else. Samples of these items are silicone liners, egg cartons, and box lids. You can just cut them out according to your drawer’s size, spread your small items like keys, coins, screws, and the likes over and you’re clutter free.
- Ceiling as extra storage – For those lacking storage space at home, it is best that they utilize all empty spaces at home – even the ceiling itself. You may either install a few shelves on it or simply tie thick and sturdy strings and slide your long valuables such as gift wrapper rolls, cellphone rolls, golf clubs, baseball bats and others. If you’re in the lookout for garage storage solutions, this is one great idea that you can try as well.
- Pantry doors for foil and plastic wrappers – As mentioned above, when it comes to organizing every space in your home counts. And this does not exclude pantry doors. Amazingly, they can act as perfect storage for foils and plastic wraps. Here, you just need to assemble plastic hooks at the door, place the foils or plastic wrappers and you’re done.
- File boxes for shoes or appliances – Having storage racks here and there is always beneficial, especially if you love shoes and you have tons of them in your footwear collection. So, if you’re searching for shoe storage solutions, simply screw a few hooks around the house, hang a file box in each, throw in some shoes or small appliances, and your things are organized in an instant.
As you can clearly see, there are heaps of fresh storage solutions that you can try if you want to reinvent the usual ways of organization. By recreating old stuff that you don’t use anymore, you can finally live a clutter free life that you’ve always wanted.